none
Regarding which certification to choose?

Question

• Hi,

I have worked on web technologies with C#, but have no certification till now. I need certifications so that I can justify skills for solution architect. Also, I found most of the certifications will be retired after 31 March 2017. So, please suggest the prerequisite certification, if any and main certification in addition to all other appropriate certifications with exact code of certification that I should achieve for the profile. 

Regards,

Jivan Goyal

• Edited by jivangoyal Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:52 PM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Luigi,

I have more than 12 years of experience in dot net technologies (with more than 8 years with asp.net mvc). So if I need to validate my experience, even then do I need to start with 70-483 or in such case I must start with different certification.

Since you have experience in MVC, you could also consider taking the exam 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications.
    A more comprehensive and interesting certification for developers like you could be the MCSD: App Builder.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

• Edited by Luigi BrunoMVP Saturday, March 18, 2017 12:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by jivangoyal Sunday, March 19, 2017 4:27 AM
    Saturday, March 18, 2017 12:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Jivan.

You could start with the exam 70-483: Programming in C#, then you could consider taking other certification exams according to your skills and your needs.
    The Training and Certification Guide app could help you in browsing all the available certification paths.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

• Edited by Luigi BrunoMVP Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by jivangoyal Friday, March 17, 2017 6:05 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by jivangoyal Friday, March 17, 2017 6:55 PM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:04 PM
  • Hi Luigi,

Thanks for help links.

Friday, March 17, 2017 6:05 PM
  • Hi Luigi,

I have more than 12 years of experience in dot net technologies (with more than 8 years with asp.net mvc). So if I need to validate my experience, even then do I need to start with 70-483 or in such case I must start with different certification.

• Edited by jivangoyal Saturday, March 18, 2017 1:30 AM
    Friday, March 17, 2017 6:52 PM
  • Hi Luigi,

Since you have experience in MVC, you could also consider taking the exam 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications.
    A more comprehensive and interesting certification for developers like you could be the MCSD: App Builder.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

• Edited by Luigi BrunoMVP Saturday, March 18, 2017 12:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by jivangoyal Sunday, March 19, 2017 4:27 AM
    Saturday, March 18, 2017 12:01 PM

• ... also consider taking the exam 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications

Hi Luigi,

am I right to understand that I should start with 70-483 then proceed with MVC(e.g. mvc6).

Under 70-483, does it include only c#6 (not c#7) or it will be based on c#7?

Also, as MVC6 (Core1) is on, so for this exam, is new code allocated or exam code will be same i.e. 70-486?

• Edited by jivangoyal Sunday, March 19, 2017 4:36 AM
    Sunday, March 19, 2017 4:30 AM

• ... also consider taking the exam 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications

Hi Luigi,

am I right to understand that I should start with 70-483 then proceed with MVC(e.g. mvc6).

Under 70-483, does it include only c#6 (not c#7) or it will be based on c#7?

Also, as MVC6 (Core1) is on, so for this exam, is new code allocated or exam code will be same i.e. 70-486?

As far as I know, no new exam has been added to address newer topics like that one: certification exams always target experienced people in the exam's subject, so having knowledge of that topic could be useful.
    I'd suggest you to contact Microsoft Certification Support or to look in the Born to Learn site for more information.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:49 AM
  • Hi , i hope your are good ^^ , 

i suggestion of you ti passed exam first : 

* EXAM 480 Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3

* EXAM 483 Programming in C#

after according to Microsoft CertRoadmap ( you can check ici URL : https://msdnshared.blob.core.windows.net/media/2016/01/Microsoft_CertRoadmap_Commercial_Dec20162.pdf )  you can passed other exam to get Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) Certification like  :

MCSD Web Applications 

or 

MCSD SharePoint Applications

Sunday, March 19, 2017 12:13 PM
  • Thanks Luigi and thanks AhmedOumezzine for you help.
    • Edited by jivangoyal Sunday, March 19, 2017 12:34 PM
    Sunday, March 19, 2017 12:34 PM
  • Hi , i hope your are good ^^ , 

i suggestion of you ti passed exam first : 

* EXAM 480 Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3

* EXAM 483 Programming in C#

after according to Microsoft CertRoadmap ( you can check ici URL : https://msdnshared.blob.core.windows.net/media/2016/01/Microsoft_CertRoadmap_Commercial_Dec20162.pdf )  you can passed other exam to get Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) Certification like  :

MCSD Web Applications 

or 

MCSD SharePoint Applications

Hi AhmedOumezzine,

As per pdf file link, for MCSD Web Applications, it require:

EXAM 480 --> EXAM 486 --> EXAM 487

But EXAM 483, before your link shared, I thought this to be good to have, as it is justifying programming in c#. But in pdf it shows path only for windows store apps using c#. So, now I seems to be more confused. Is this till fine to choose EXAM 483 too in addition to MCSD web applications pathway?

• Edited by jivangoyal Sunday, March 19, 2017 1:33 PM
    Sunday, March 19, 2017 1:33 PM
  • Hi, I can provide you details about almost everything, but it will not be possible here you can simply call me or send me an email. I work for Quickstart.

few relevant courses mention below:

• Programming in C# (MS-20483)
      Programming in C# - MOC On Demand (MS-20483)

QuickStart’s history spans nearly 3 decades from our roots as a premiere provider of IT technical and developer training and as an award winning Microsoft Gold Learning partner. Today, our mission is to help IT organizations and professionals improve performance excellence and career growth with the industry’s only multi-modality, AI-based IT learning and development platform.

Hope that helps,

Phone: 512-687-3991
    Tabish.Hameed@quickstart.com

Friday, March 24, 2017 9:58 PM