Microsoft Canada telephone support advises me to pay for tech support regarding not "Validating." RRS feed

• Question

•  

Yeps.

I was on the telephone an hour ago.

I advised the MS support screener guy that I am now operating a "NOT Valid" version of Vista Ultimate after a attempt at reinstalling DirectX 9c.

I am advised I will be connected to tech support for $45.00

The MS Tech Support screener person won't simply advise me there is a problem with validation and servers at this time.

I googled further and varied the google search words and found this forum.

I "was" mucking with the situation late last night for hours.

I thought the "Info Bar" was missing and I could not authorize the ActiveX control for validation.

I "was" going to reformat and reinstall.

I have had buggy problems with Vista since June 15th when I commenced operating it.

Everytime I have reformatted and resinstalled I have been forced to telephone Microsoft and do the +/- 1 hour telephone activations.

The hours and days of mucking thru the mire of "stuff" that is a waste of productive time is  tiresome.

The matter of the requirements for reformats is varied; mostly it is required because MS is changing stuff that has been the norm in all previous operating systems. - we are not advised and this causes problems.

If anybody in MS is reading this... do us all a service and stop changing basic outlays and standardized systems that the billions of PC operators have invested years of their lives becoming adept at.

WE WANT A STANDARD LAYOUT AND LOCATION FOR FEATURES, OPTIONS AND STUFF.

There is another gripe...

We want the ability to install a internet browser/client that is not MS.

Anybody attempted to install a second non Microsoft internet browser in Vista?

I suggest out of curiousity one attempt that.

You can't even download it and or the installer executable is blocked from executing...!

The beneath substandard customer service today when a MS support person attempted to charge me $45 for a tech support referral regarding the global Validation problem is unacceptable.

finitO

RadHam

Saturday, August 25, 2007 7:01 PM

Answers