Auto Start RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there a way to have 1 of 5 computers start WHS Backup automatically when the computer comes on. I have tried task scheduler on that computer but it doesn't seem to for for me. I could be doing something wrong I guess. The reason I want to do this is because I have a computer that is at my work shop and when it is backing up it takes 2 to 4 hours to do depending on how much date changes.

Thanks

• Edited by MJMGN Monday, November 12, 2012 6:13 PM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 6:10 PM

All replies

• You don't want it to back up normally during nightime hours? If you don't back it up regularly (i.e. it is left powered off) it should start a backup automatically when you switch it on, but then again there would have been no data change!

Note: this is correct for WHS2011 but not sure if that's true for WHS1.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Monday, November 12, 2012 7:14 PM
  • Yes this is true  WHS. My problem is WHS seems to have a mind of its own it will start backup when it wants to , usually when im at work and I need all of the cpu power its backing up. I want to have it start early AM before I get to work.
    Monday, November 12, 2012 8:28 PM
  • You can define the time the backup starts in the Console (WHS1), which works as long as you have confirmed that you want the computer to wake up for backups. If not, you might see what you have confirmed. CPU usage is generally very low during a backup.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Monday, November 12, 2012 8:40 PM