CRM2011-SQL2012- Reporting Extensions verifications errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on a project to migrate my CRM4.0 to CRM2011, going from SQL2005 to SQL2012.

SQL2012 installed and working for MSSQL database engine and SSRS path to reporting servers http://localhost:80/reportserver

I ahve the CRM4.0 DB restored and availalbe on the SQL server,CRM Deployment Mananger states that Reporting is not enable. When I try to install Mircosoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions Setup program The Environment Checks come back with one warning and an error-

1)(Warning)Reports will not be published for some organizations because the Report Server instances used by these organizations differ from the instance selected during Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions Setup.

2)(Error)Unable to validate SQL Server Reporting Services Report Server installation. Please check that it is correctly installed on the local machine.

I saw some posts that say to update the XML file but those posts are related to CRM4.0 not 2011.

I did install Roleups and updates for CRM2011.

Has anyone expreienced this or have any troubleshooting setups to correct it.

Ultimitly I would like to Imprt an Organization in the CRM Deployment Manager to upgrade MY CRM 4.0 DB sitting on this new server.

THANKS!

Alistair

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Alistair,

We had the exact same problem.

By downloading latest version of CRM 2011 Server, unpacking it, and running the SRS Data Connector installation file from the new version the installation did finally succeed.

Now we can proceed to upgrade our organization from CRM 4.0 to CRM2011

Regards,

Wilco

• Proposed as answer by Wilcomp Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:53 AM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:53 AM