Pay Bills with CheckFree? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a user of MS Money Plus Deluxe and up to now used MSN BillPay to pay my bills with MS Money.  I entered a transaction in MS Money, set the payment type as Epay, and then MS Money downloaded the payment instructions to MSN BillPay which actually payed the bill via either a laser printed check or electronic funds transfer.  I payed a monthly fee of $5.95 for this service.

As you all know Microsoft withdrew support for the Online Services feature of MS Money and so I can't use MSN BillPay to pay my bills any more.  However Microsoft says here that "You can also still access Checkfree bill-pay through MSN Money."  I just wish they'd tell us how.

I've emailed and called CheckFree (now part of fiserv) several times to ask how to do this, but so far I haven't been able to get a response. No one cares enough or is polite enough to respond.

Does anyone know anything about this?  Can I really replace MSN BillPay with CheckFree, or is Microsoft confused?  If this does work, how do I do it?

Thanks,
    Mike Albert

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 6:43 PM

All replies

• I would try http://www.checkfreecorp.com/cda/corp/L2.jsp?layoutId=275&contentId=218

They would probably have the most up-to-date info for you.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 7:41 PM
  • My understanding is that you can use MSN BillPay (which is CheckFree - see https://billpay.msn.com/ ); just not through Money anymore.
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 10:29 PM
  • Cal,

That's the reference I've been using already.  I've tried several organizations listed there, since it's not clear which would be the right one, but have heard nothing back. 

Thanks,

Mike

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 1:01 AM
  • That's the reference I've been using already.  I've tried several organizations listed there, since it's not clear which would be the right one, but have heard nothing back. 

The contact info on the section labeled "Microsoft Money (Bill Payment)" is the one I would use. Is that one of the one you called? I have not tried it myself.
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 1:13 AM
  • Cal,

Actually, I replied too soon before.  I was looking at a list that had the same apperance as the one you provided but didn't have the entry you pointed out.  I agree it looks like the best shot.  I'll give them a call tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Mike

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 1:22 AM
  • Cal,

You were right that "Microsoft Money (Bill Payment)" is the correct number to call.  I just spoke to an extremely pleasant CheckFree representative who understood the problem, took time to research it with their technical people, and reported definitively that CheckFree does NOT support paying bills from MS Money.  They'd be happy to provide the service via their Web browser interface, just like MSN BillPay, my bank, and lots of other banks, but that's it. The MS web page that says that you can use CheckFree from MS Money to pay bills is wrong.

Mike

Thursday, February 3, 2011 2:14 PM