is MCP site down? RRS feed

• Question

• I cant Login,  pool full

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.]
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +6352897
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +6353246
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +300
       Global.Globals.UserIsAuthorizedInCertForThisVROOT(MigrateVRootAccess oUser) +173
       Global.Globals.CheckVrootAccess() +95
       Authenticate.Migrate.Migrate.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +257
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064

Thursday, December 1, 2011 3:41 PM

Answers

• I'm not having any problems.  More than likely it's a problem with your credentials and not a problem with the site not being able to handle traffic.
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Monday, February 13, 2012 4:55 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 9:30 PM

All replies

• I've just logged in so maybe it was down for a while.
    Jeff Wharton

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:58 PM
  • i have another problem now it keep on asking me mcid and access code and page refreshes and return to same page where it asks me my mcid and access code.

i called support and they said its gona take 3-5 business days to respond 

I expected better service and better website from microsoft, so far it has shown signs of poorly designed website or its not able to handle the amount of traffic Again these things should have been thought of before, during design phase

Its ironic they ask all these question in MCPD exam and they still have same classic problem

so frustrating 

I am sorry if i sound bit rude

thanks 

• Edited by Param2000 Friday, December 2, 2011 9:04 PM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 9:03 PM
  • I'm not having any problems.  More than likely it's a problem with your credentials and not a problem with the site not being able to handle traffic.
    Jeff Wharton

• Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Monday, February 13, 2012 4:55 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 9:30 PM