would like to know the difference RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, This one probably goes under the heading of "stupid questions" but I couldn't find a forum for that. :)

I was wondering if anyone could kindly explain the difference between a forum, a newsgroup, and a community?

It has always been difficulty (if not impossible) to get support from Microsoft? Is there any way to actually contact a tech at MS?
    How do I know that the person answering my question in one of those other areas is actually qualified to know what he is talking about since it seems like anyone can post an answer?
    I would really appreciate it if someone could enlighten me on these issues.
    Thank you.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 7:33 PM

Answers

• Hello,

As a company, we’re moving towards forums and away from newsgroups. There are many reasons, but two of the most important are:

1.Forums posts are discoverable from third party search engines (Google, Live, etc…)
    2.Forums have safeguards in place to limit SPAM, newsgroups are plagued with SPAM.

As regards to answering your questions on forums Please post your questions to Microsoft Developer Network > Forums Home > Help located here-:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help

Hope that helps!

Have a Great day!

Thank you, Vijay Rao Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:11 AM