One Care Help RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a key logger called actual spy to log the key strokes of my cheating husband and my teenage son. Two weeks ago One Care deleted the program from my computer when I tried to reinstall it it blocks it as a harmful program. I have had this on my computer since Jan of 08. I need to have it back on. I think that there is a way to put and exception in but I am not sure how to do it. Can you please tell me how ti get it back on seeing as how I actually paid for this software and I actually want it on my computer. Thank you
    Friday, June 19, 2009 8:48 PM

Answers

• Open OneCare, click on Change Settings, Virus and Spyware tab. Click Exclusions and then add the folder where the program installs and the executable for it, too. It may still be detected as an unwanted program, though, so you may need to uninstall OneCare and use a different antivirus program in order to let the keylogger run. Avast and Avira are both free options that you may want to consider.
    s-teve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 1:30 AM

All replies

• Open OneCare, click on Change Settings, Virus and Spyware tab. Click Exclusions and then add the folder where the program installs and the executable for it, too. It may still be detected as an unwanted program, though, so you may need to uninstall OneCare and use a different antivirus program in order to let the keylogger run. Avast and Avira are both free options that you may want to consider.
    s-teve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 1:30 AM
  • Thanks I will try it and let you know how it works.
    Monday, June 22, 2009 6:27 PM