WHS Connector Software RRS feed

• Question

• I was using WHS trial version. I have installed a OEM product after trial period expired. I had 5 home PCs connecting to the WHS. After installing WHS I am able to connect only three PCs. I am not able to connect the two PCs to WHS. When I tried to install WHS connector software in these two I received a message saying another version is already installed, remove the other version from add/remove program from control panel and install connector software again. I tried to uninstall the WHS connector software but couldnt. It give me fatal error. I tried in safe mode again it give me fatal error.

Highly appreciate any solution.

Sunday, June 6, 2010 5:32 PM

All replies

• I was using WHS trial version. I have installed a OEM product after trial period expired. I had 5 home PCs connecting to the WHS. After installing WHS I am able to connect only three PCs. I am not able to connect the two PCs to WHS. When I tried to install WHS connector software in these two I received a message saying another version is already installed, remove the other version from add/remove program from control panel and install connector software again. I tried to uninstall the WHS connector software but couldnt. It give me fatal error. I tried in safe mode again it give me fatal error.

Highly appreciate any solution.

If nothing else, you could try using the MS Installer Clean-Up Utility.  Note however that using it can have adverse effects on your system (i.e. you might have to reinstall other applications and/or critical updates that have been installed).  Personally I would only use it as a last resort, but if nothing else comes along....
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 4:13 AM