SkyDrive and Zune RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, I'm a fairly new WHS owner.  I have the HP Media Smart Server and I've been looking around at various add-ins and services that I can run on my WHS.

Currently, there are two add in's that I would love to see.

SkyDrive, My Live Account gives me access to 25GB of storage space.  I would love to be able to use this 25GB of storage as a backup location for critical files such as photo's and documents automatically through WHS.  Are there any current Add-ins that allow me to do this easily? If not, are there any plans to do so?  I understand that there is, or will be a plug in for Mesh, but with only 5GB of storage there, I would much reather utilize the 25GB on SkyDrive.

I am also a Zune Owner.  Currently I manage my Music Library from my primary PC and Sync Toy pushes changes to my library up to my WHS nightly.  I am looking for the ability to use the Zune software on my WHS directly so it can update my licenses, podcasts, etc.  I have tried to install the Zune software on my HP server, but it wouldn't install without a bit of trickery.  But apparently the video subsystem included with the HP box isn't good enough to run the zune software, so I can't run it.  Any add-ins available or suggestions to get the software to run?

Thanks!
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 4:47 PM

All replies

• you can point your zune software to use the media share folders on the server to be the default storage and rip location for music, movies, photos and if your network is speedy enough if works just fine. I have no local folders designated in my zune software, I rip and play from whs.
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:39 PM