WinZip 11.1 Build 7466 RRS feed

• Question

• WinZip, the original and most popular compression utility for Windows, is a powerful and easy-to-use tool that quickly zips and unzips your files to conserve disk space and greatly reduce e-mail transmission time. WinZip 11.1 is available as Standard or Pro. WinZip 11.1 is an updated version of our most recent major release—WinZip 11.0—that supports Windows Vista™. WinZip 11.1 offers a thumbnail image view and automatic compression selection, plus improved compression for audio files (WAV) and the ability to open .BZ2 and .RAR files. WinZip 11.1 Pro adds expanded data backup functionality and includes a new internal image viewer that allows you to browse through multiple images within the Zip file.

What's New in WinZip 11.1?

WinZip 11.1 is an updated version of our most recent major release—WinZip 11.0—that supports Windows Vista. In addition to the great features introduced in WinZip 11.0, WinZip 11.1 includes:

* Certified for Vista
        * Vista-style toolbar and program icons
    Tuesday, April 17, 2007 8:52 PM

All replies

• thanks
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:17 PM
  • and the best part is that, this winzip 11 supports rar format, so no need to install winrar...
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 10:36 PM
  • Yeah, but there is a disadvantage with winzip. When you open the zipped file, you can see all the files in the root itself, not in the original hierarchy of folders. Although winzip extracts the files as per the folder locations, this sometimes creates confusion.

Also winzip lacks a feature like recovery record which may help in repairing files.

This is my view. Feel free to comment!

Saturday, May 19, 2007 11:56 PM
  • yaa i 2 agree.
    Sunday, May 20, 2007 5:50 AM
  • ya adnan thats one of the drawbacks with winzip, but at the same time it has many splendid features to offer so that drawback is overlooked and laos i dont know of any other unzipping software which resolves this drawback of winzip..wat say guys?
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:06 PM