below 10K winners RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone below 10K received the winning e-mail.
    My rank is 36, I had received the mail for sending verification docs. But did not receive any winning e-mail. Are they considering the 10K mark. Please help.

My point was far away from 10k when the contest was freezed, do u think I will get the pen drive?
    Saturday, June 30, 2007 5:54 PM

Answers

• I think about 100 of them got the emails regarding to post their address along with the documents mentioned in that email.

Now here is the answer to your question:
    No one has got the email for winning the contest. I have crossed 10K, and i have not received any email saying that i am the winner in the FINAL rank list. So its obvious no one else would have got it.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 3:25 PM
  • Akshat, the mail I talked about is the mail we received at the time the tentative list was announced. But you can see 'the final message' from microsoft on the webpage that they will send a personal mail to 1st few winners. This was the mail  I was talking bout that.

Anyways thanks for your valuable help.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 5:52 PM
  • They said that they will send personal mail to first few winners but even Harshil didn't recieved so how anyone else!!
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 5:25 PM
  • How can Shoaib and you get 2GB pen drive?? See what was written in the webpage:-
    • Top 500* members in the contest (based on ranks) would be evaluated for being “Student Partners” with Microsoft. Within these top 500 members:
      • Top 3 students would each get an XBox 360 !
      • Next 10 students would each get a Windows phone !
      • Next 50 would each get 2GB flash drives !
    • About 1000 express CDs & 500 desktop calendars are also up for grabs !

* Top 500 with a minimum of 10,000 points

Even if the 10K mark is removed only 14-63 can get a 2GB pen drive. You two can get express CDs and Desktop calenders I guess.
    Sunday, July 8, 2007 5:46 PM
  • Hi Deepak

We are all making assumptions here. Its pure guess work. No one can say for sure that the barrier has been removed. To be sure we have to wait for our gifts to arrive.

Presuming that the barrier is removed, in the best case you can receive express CDs and desktop callenders. But will have to wait and watch and hope for the best.
    Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:53 PM
  • Hi Deepak

We are all making assumptions that the barrier has been removed. No one can say for sure that it has been removed.

Presuming it has been removed you may receive express cds or desktop calenders. We have to just wait and watch and hope for the best.
    Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:57 PM
  • I am below 10k rank is 36, but its been long that I have received my pendrive. The 10k barrier has been waived. Just the Mobile phone winners are waiting. Pendrivess and Xboxes have reached winners.
    Sunday, August 19, 2007 5:38 PM

All replies

• Please somebody reply to my post. I am confused.
    Monday, July 2, 2007 6:27 PM
  • every one has recieved the same mail,

which you had got.

that is the winning mail.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 12:20 PM
  • You had won a pendrive for yourself,

what else do you want..i mean what other mail do you want()

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 12:21 PM
  • I think about 100 of them got the emails regarding to post their address along with the documents mentioned in that email.

Now here is the answer to your question:
    No one has got the email for winning the contest. I have crossed 10K, and i have not received any email saying that i am the winner in the FINAL rank list. So its obvious no one else would have got it.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 3:25 PM
  • Akshat, the mail I talked about is the mail we received at the time the tentative list was announced. But you can see 'the final message' from microsoft on the webpage that they will send a personal mail to 1st few winners. This was the mail  I was talking bout that.

Anyways thanks for your valuable help.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 5:52 PM
  • Thanks for your help.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 6:02 PM
  • They said that they will send personal mail to first few winners but even Harshil didn't recieved so how anyone else!!
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 5:25 PM
  • Ya that's true. But I am confused whether I will get the prize or not. Coz I am below 10K (rank 36). But again on the other hand they sent the documents proof e-mail to me.

Just have to wait and watch I guess.

Thursday, July 5, 2007 5:43 PM
  • i think about the points the things are cleared now, becuase one person got the expression cd whose rank was 200+ and another person in the same city didnt got anything.. but i think as the other persons rank is higher, or he is eligible for other gifts... so his gift got delayed..

So i think that the 10K barrier has been removed for the prizes.... So enjoy...

Saturday, July 7, 2007 10:37 AM
  • Hey Guys.........

My points is below 10k and my ranking is 258. but i didn't got any prizes till now, i live in karnataka. can i know, am i eligable to get anything ??????? if so, what i can????

Sunday, July 8, 2007 5:30 AM
  • Dont know buddy.. but news is that someone whose situation is very similar to you, got the express Cd's from MS last week at Tamil Nadu....
    Sunday, July 8, 2007 5:44 AM
  • Hey guyzz... mine is far away... 400... any guess wat i wud get (if any)
    Sunday, July 8, 2007 6:14 AM
  • well buddy(Shoaib), maybe u could get a 2GB pen drive or a MSSP t-shirt, i hope, i would also be , because my rank is 258.

Bye

Sunday, July 8, 2007 11:09 AM
  • How can Shoaib and you get 2GB pen drive?? See what was written in the webpage:-
    • Top 500* members in the contest (based on ranks) would be evaluated for being “Student Partners” with Microsoft. Within these top 500 members:

Even if the 10K mark is removed only 14-63 can get a 2GB pen drive. You two can get express CDs and Desktop calenders I guess.
    Sunday, July 8, 2007 5:46 PM
  • I am rank holder 36, and below 10K. I received the e-mail saying:-

Hi,

This mail is in continuation to our earlier E-mail dated 27-June-2007 regarding results of Student Rockstar Contest.

Thank you for sending your Identity Proofs for verification. We have completed the process of verification and now the process of dispatching the gifts is to begin soon. You can expect to receive the award by 15th August 2007.

You will be contacted by Microsoft separately for interview of the Student Partner Program. To confirm your interest, please send a mail to the contact ID stdrkstr@microsoft.com with subject line "Interested to be interviewed for Student Partner Program" showing your inclination for the same.

Thank you for being a part of the contest.

Warm Regards
    Student Rockstar Team.

That means they have indeed removed the barrier. Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Any one agreeing with me?

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:05 PM
  • Hi Abhrajit,

If the barrier is removed please can u tell me if I am capable of receiving any gifts or not.

My rank is 164 and i am below 10k. But I had not got any e-mail from admin till or before the result was declared till now.

So can u please help me ?

I am waiting for ur reply.

thanx

deepak

Saturday, July 14, 2007 6:10 PM
  • Hi Deepak

We are all making assumptions here. Its pure guess work. No one can say for sure that the barrier has been removed. To be sure we have to wait for our gifts to arrive.

Presuming that the barrier is removed, in the best case you can receive express CDs and desktop callenders. But will have to wait and watch and hope for the best.
    Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:53 PM
  • Hi Deepak

We are all making assumptions that the barrier has been removed. No one can say for sure that it has been removed.

Presuming it has been removed you may receive express cds or desktop calenders. We have to just wait and watch and hope for the best.
    Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:57 PM
  •  Abhrajit_Mukherjee_43acca wrote:
    How can Shoaib and you get 2GB pen drive?? See what was written in the webpage:-

My Rank is 128.....

I have not recieved any info yet......

Saturday, August 18, 2007 7:45 PM
  • Ohhhh... Below 10k don't think abt gifts Becoz till date (aug.19, 2007) only 6 persons received the gifts out of Top 13.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 11:00 AM
  • I am below 10k rank is 36, but its been long that I have received my pendrive. The 10k barrier has been waived. Just the Mobile phone winners are waiting. Pendrivess and Xboxes have reached winners.
    Sunday, August 19, 2007 5:38 PM