Problem when importing csv file to lead RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i have a xlsx file with lead information to import to CRM 4.0, first i transfer the xlsx to CSV file, and then I create a date maps, for example, i have this field," name" "address" "tel" but in the title of colonm, il displayed in one line "name; address; tel", i did the tranfermation in my desktop of my company. and then , i try to transfer this in my laptop in excel 2010, then i create the data map , il displayed well

"name"

"address"

"tel"

in three lines, i think it's strange.

after this, i import the file, there are 104 records, but when the importation finished, il says 135 recorded have been imported. i find there are more then 30 lead without any information

thanks for help

Monday, April 19, 2010 11:37 AM

Answers

• For the 30 empty records, it is just because there was some info in the last 30 lines in Excel, some days ago...

When you convert to CSV, these 30 lines are kept as data lines...

To avoid this, before saving to CSV, select a certain number of lines at the end and suppress these empty lines

The them behavior can happen for columns, so select a certain number of colonns at the end of the file and delete these empty columns.

My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com

All my tools on my new dedicated site: MSCRMTools Repository
    Monday, April 19, 2010 11:43 AM

All replies

• For the 30 empty records, it is just because there was some info in the last 30 lines in Excel, some days ago...

When you convert to CSV, these 30 lines are kept as data lines...

To avoid this, before saving to CSV, select a certain number of lines at the end and suppress these empty lines

The them behavior can happen for columns, so select a certain number of colonns at the end of the file and delete these empty columns.

My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com

All my tools on my new dedicated site: MSCRMTools Repository
    Monday, April 19, 2010 11:43 AM
  • thank you ,but it is annoying me to transformation..haha
    Monday, April 19, 2010 2:10 PM