Thousands of the same error everyday RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have this error occuring every day since installing PP1.  Windows Search Service is unable to update the hash map for the folder.jpg files in my music share folder.  I have over 200 cds ripped to the music share.  All cds are in there own folder.  I have about 60,000 enters for this same error every day.  How do I stop this error?

Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Also this indexing option keeps increasing instead of indexed.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:19 AM
  • This happened to me when I installed ******uild 1771 of the PP1 ******eta (that is the one availa******le to everyone).Microsoft allowed me access to ******uild 1776 and I no longer have these pro******lems on my WHS machine.If you do not have access to this ******uild (need to have filed a valid ******ug report), uninstall and wait for the official version to come out.
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 1:59 PM
  • I would like to uninstall but I have a 64bit system that I really need to backup nightly.  Been waiting for the 64bit connector for a long time.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:06 PM
  • I had the same problem with the search service and this is what was suggested. I installed WDS 4.0 RTM and it took care of the problem with the indexing service as you are showing.

Don

WDS 4.0 RTM

http://www.microsoft.com:80/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=070B6969-6205-4A03-82BE-8AF7320A663D&displaylang=en

Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:00 PM
  • Thanks cpupro ... I just tryed this and am waiting for WHS to reboot.  I know the Microsoft people are extrmrly busy but I hate waiting around for answers.  I usually just go with it.  Ain't nothing that can't be fixed some way.

EDIT:  So far the errors have stopped.  Will check again in the morning after the nightly backup.  Looks good so far though.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:09 PM
  • This was the answer.  Problem solved!

Friday, June 27, 2008 12:21 PM