Windows 7 - Not Genuine (But it is...) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. I got it when Microsoft gave away copies for those who help Windows 7 house parties.

It has only ever let me activate the product online once. Anytime I've wanted to reformat my PC and reinstall Windows 7 I've had to call Microsoft and provide the Installation ID. Then they have provided me with the code to activate my product.

I've tried calling about 5 times tonight and they have all said my product is not valid and not genuine. I'm a little confused. Sure I have reformatted my PC every month or two. But I'm the only person with my product key.

Who can I call (I'm in Australia) to have this resolved? I've taken scans of the original product key sticker on the cardboard envelope slip. I've also taken screen shots of the Installation ID. If I can I'd like to email them to Microsoft to prove my copy is genuine.

How do I prove to Microsoft my copy of Windows 7 is genuine and get it activated?

Sunday, December 26, 2010 1:50 PM

Answers

• Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry you have a wrong place posted. This forum is used to post questions about the Microsoft Fix it Center automated troubleshooting tool. Your issue was not appears to be a relate "Fix it Center". For general support questions please go to http://answers.microsoft.com. Thanks for your understanding!  

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

• Marked as answer by Fafafaalex Monday, December 27, 2010 1:58 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 1:57 AM