none
Why there exists a duplicated post when I make it to the top?

Answers

• No.

What I mean is: Since I make this post "Top", why does there appear another one? I mean in my 1st post, there should be ONLY ONE top post left (and another one marked "No need to show this here" should disappear).

That's exactly what I'm saying. The sticky will appear at the top, but the thread itself still shows in the main thread listing as well. If no one posts in it, it will eventually scroll away.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 12:30 PM

All replies

• It'll eventually scroll down, assuming no one else posts in the thread. This has been happening since the redesign in 2013 I believe.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:29 AM
  • It'll eventually scroll down, assuming no one else posts in the thread. This has been happening since the redesign in 2013 I believe.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:29 AM
  • I think you're asking about a "sticky" I reported the doubles to fissues and engineering was looking into it but have not heard back. I'd suggest you also report it.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:30 AM

No.

What I mean is: Since I make this post "Top", why does there appear another one? I mean in my 1st post, there should be ONLY ONE top post left (and another one marked "No need to show this here" should disappear).

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:53 AM
  • I think you're asking about a "sticky" I reported the doubles to fissues and engineering was looking into it but have not heard back. I'd suggest you also report it.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thanks! I'll mark this as an answer once it's finished.

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:53 AM
  • No.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The sticky will appear at the top, but the thread itself still shows in the main thread listing as well. If no one posts in it, it will eventually scroll away.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 12:30 PM
  • Mike is correct. I see this all the time. When a sticky is first posted, it appears at the top, then again with the normal list of threads sorted by date. There is a horizontal rule line separating the sticky posts and the list of all threads.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:23 PM
  • Right, Sticky post will appear twice if it is current - I think it's normal behavior.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:03 PM
  • Sorry I cannot understand why the same post appears twice?

And Microsoft employee is still fixing with that bug:)

And I'll mark that once it's finished.

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Friday, October 7, 2016 4:17 AM
  • Mike:

Your signature seems lost……Please check if that's a bug or not :-)

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Friday, October 7, 2016 5:31 AM