Upload Folder RRS feed

• Question

• I can see how you upload files but how about folders....haven't got time to go through each file one by one.  Can this be done.....?
    Monday, September 1, 2008 12:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can add an entire folder to your mesh by finding the folder on your computer, right-clicking and selecting Add folder to your Live Mesh.  Note, however, that you currently cannot have one Live Mesh folder in another, so that option will not be available if the folder in question either has other Live Mesh folders inside it, or is itself inside an existing Live Mesh folder.

The option to select multiple files at once, or even whole folders, for upload through the Live Desktop UI is a very popular feature request, but is not currently available.  If that's what you were looking for, please feel free to add your vote for this feature to our Wish List.

I hope that helps,

Ben.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can add an entire folder to your mesh by finding the folder on your computer, right-clicking and selecting Add folder to your Live Mesh.  Note, however, that you currently cannot have one Live Mesh folder in another, so that option will not be available if the folder in question either has other Live Mesh folders inside it, or is itself inside an existing Live Mesh folder.

The option to select multiple files at once, or even whole folders, for upload through the Live Desktop UI is a very popular feature request, but is not currently available.  If that's what you were looking for, please feel free to add your vote for this feature to our Wish List.

I hope that helps,

Ben.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:16 PM
  • Hi, thanks very much for responding....

When I right click on the folder in my documents folder that I want to sync with the mesh I don't get the option in the drop down to do this.  Am i missing something...?

DannyO
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:50 AM
  • Hi DannyO,

Do you have the Live Mesh software installed?  That is, have you added the computer in question to your mesh, and installed the software from www.mesh.com?

If you do have the software installed then we'll need to dig deeper to find the issue.  Please let me know, and I'll continue to work on this with you.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 6:33 PM
  • Hi Ben,
    Sorry I hadn't downloaded the client....done this now and it works great!!!!! 

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Only problem is that I'm at 96% storeage capasity and could do with 50% more...is that going to happen at some point?

DannyO
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 9:29 AM
  • Hi DannyO,

I'm glad it was a quick fix.

I'm afraid I can't say if/when we'll offer more than 5GBs of Live Desktop storage, but that's a popular request.  I've gone ahead and added your vote for more storage to our internal list, though. :)

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 4:52 PM