Replace lost product key for registered ownership of windows student home and office 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I purchase Windows Student Home and Office 2007 abouit a year and a half or less ago. It was registered with Microsoft. I found the Windows Student Home and Office cd, but have been unable to find the product key.      I recently had to reconfigure my computer using the HP program that came with the computer because some kind of malware prevented me from using the internet. I downloaded everything I needed to save to a dvd. After the reconfiguring process I reloaded the material on the dvd to my hard drive.  I have my e mail back, and I am sure my documents are on the hard drive but I can't find or open them. What do I do to get back to my documents ?  I did not get Microsoft Works back and would like to have it. (came with the computer)

I have reloaded Windows Student Home and Office from the CD but need a proper product key before I use it. 

PHIL N.

Friday, July 30, 2010 8:32 AM

Answers

• "Philip L. Nadler" wrote in message news:6ce218f1-0df2-44db-94e7-2cbdd061a421...

I purchase Windows Student Home and Office 2007 abouit a year and a half or less ago. It was registered with Microsoft. I found the Windows Student Home and Office cd, but have been unable to find the product key.      I recently had to reconfigure my computer using the HP program that came with the computer because some kind of malware prevented me from using the internet. I downloaded everything I needed to save to a dvd. After the reconfiguring process I reloaded the material on the dvd to my hard drive.  I have my e mail back, and I am sure my documents are on the hard drive but I can't find or open them. What do I do to get back to my documents ?  I did not get Microsoft Works back and would like to have it. (came with the computer)

I have reloaded Windows Student Home and Office from the CD but need a proper product key before I use it. 

PHIL N.

If you used the inbuilt recovery process to reinstall, then all your previous data is gone, as the process completely wipes the partition and replaces it with a clean install. If Works came with the original install, then it should have been replaced at the same time (check your documentation for that).
    As far as Office goes - The Key should be on the inside of the case, on an orange sticker. If you can't find the case, but have proof of purchase, and the CD, then you may be able to persuade MS to replace the Key for you....

HTH

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, July 30, 2010 9:21 AM