Avoid credentials prompt RRS feed

• Question

• My system is a client/server system. The user uses our GUI to ask the service to do some work, the service submits jobs to HPC to get the work done.  So the HPC jobs run as the service user.  The service is a C# program.  When someone installs our system they are supposed to run the powershell command to cache the creds.  But they forget sometimes, or the password gets changed.  So then the next time the user asks the service to do something, it submits an HPC job via IScheduler.SubmitJob(), and HPC prompts the service for creds, and the service doesn't know it, and the job sits Configuring forever.

I would like to A) detect that there are no cached creds before trying to submit the job, or B) detect that HPC is prompting the service for creds.   Is there a way to do either of these?

Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you are using Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 I think this may be helpful:

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.hpc.scheduler.ischeduler.setinterfacemode(VS.85).aspx)

For Windows HPC Server 2008 R2, you can indicate that the SubmitJob method should generate an exception if cached credentials cannot be used for the job. To indicate that SubmitJob should generate an exception in that case, specify a value of false for the isConsole parameter and an IntPtr object for a value of -1 as the hwnd parameter when you call the SetInterfaceMode method. For example, SetInterfaceMode(false, new IntPtr(-1));.

Regards,
    Łukasz

• Marked as answer by Ryan113 Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:46 PM
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:44 PM