Cannot get OCS server to talk to Exchange server (UM)!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

In a test environment, I have setup OCS Standard edition. My problem is that I dont have UM capabilities. I do have Exchange Server 2007 SP1 installed. All the appropriate dialplans are created and associated in OCS server.

I only have MOC to MOC capabilities and MOC to PSTN (through Mediation) capabilities.

Whenever i try to make a call to autoattendant or subscriber access, the call fails.

Event log on the Exchange server machine has

1. "The IP gateway or IP-PBX Nortel@Nortel.us.com did not respond to a SIP OPTIONS request from the Unified  
         Messaging server. The error code that was returned is "0" and the error text is ":This operation has timed
         out.".
    2. The Unified Messaging server failed to exchange the required certificates with an IP gateway to enable
        Transport Layer Security (TLS) for an incoming call. Please check that this is a configured TLS peer and the 
        certificates being used are correct. More information: A TLS failure occured because the remote end
        disconnected while TLS negotiation was in progress. The Error Code = -2146233088 and the Message =
        Unknown error (0x80131500). 

Event log on the OCS server give me an error, 

An attempt to route to an Exchange UM server failed.
    The attempt failed with response code (Timeout): <xxxxxxx>

Failure occurrences: 1, since 4/17/2008 2:34:57 PM.
    Resolution:
    Check this server is correctly configured to point to the appropriate Exchange UM server. Also check whether the Exchange UM server is up and whether it in turn is also properly configured.

I believe this is to do with the TLS certificates. I have CA installed on the same machine as the OCS server.
    Can anybody help pls ?? We need to get the UM capabilities. I have spent hours on this.

any help appreciated.

Best,
    Kris A

Monday, February 16, 2009 6:52 PM

All replies