CRM 2011 advanced find query to include related records RRS feed

• Question

• Hi have ran into a issue that i need some assistance on.

WHen our helpdesk fills in a case they normally put the primary account for the customer field.

This has been ok till now but for reporting etc its not efficient.

i have told them to create the case and under cusomter to put the contact that called. as these contacts are related to the primary account so it should all be linked.

My question

when i go into accounts - then cases there is a view there called Case Associated View,

filterd on ACTIVE and include Related "regarding: Records

this gives me any cases that were created by a contact of the organisation or any under the organisation itself. which is good.

I need to get this information on a report but using advanced find cant seem to do it,

i have used under cases

satus = active

customer = (customer im looking for)

but the related records arnt there, if i add a related (customer) Contact and have that = primary parent as the (account im doing the queery for) again it shows up blank as you cand GROUP OR on two different entities.

I hope i explained that clear enough

please give me some advice should the helpdesk be able to put the account and contact on the case form,

or is there a way of generating the report to include the related cases that come from contacts that belong to that account.

thanks

spafco

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:33 AM

Answers

• Hi

Related "regarding: Records is using builtin rollup functionality. You can't do that in advance find queries.

I would say the easiest way to achieve this is to always pick an account as a customer. There is another builtin field in case entity named "Responsible Contact"

you can use that to add contact to the case. Just open the form in customize mode and add that field on the form. Save the changes and publish the entity.

I hope this helps.

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Amreek Singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com http://crm2011usersettings.codeplex.com

• Proposed as answer by Amreek Singh Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by spafco Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:20 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi

Related "regarding: Records is using builtin rollup functionality. You can't do that in advance find queries.

I would say the easiest way to achieve this is to always pick an account as a customer. There is another builtin field in case entity named "Responsible Contact"

you can use that to add contact to the case. Just open the form in customize mode and add that field on the form. Save the changes and publish the entity.

I hope this helps.

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Amreek Singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com http://crm2011usersettings.codeplex.com

• Proposed as answer by Amreek Singh Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by spafco Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:20 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:19 AM
  • that is perfect thank you for your assistance

spafco

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:21 PM
  • And use CRM 2011 native filtering on the fields on the form so that you can only choose a contact who works for the company, or if you fill in Contact first, only choose the Account they work for.

Hope this helps Adam Vero, MCT

Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:00 PM
  • The related regarding "roll up" view shows the records exactly as you describe, and this is what you need to replicate this "double hop" query in your advanced find:

Cases where

status=active

(related to) customer Contact

where Parent Account = Account you want

or

Cases where

status=active

(related to) customer Contact

(related to Parent Account)

where <some criteria> eg owner = current user

Hope this helps Adam Vero, MCT

Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:03 PM