One-way syncing against a View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Simple question - is it possible to sync against a SQL View?

I would only require a one-way sync from the server (with the View on the server's database) to the client, so that it is effectively read-only to the client, so I don't require syncing back to the view.

Any thoughts and suggestions welcome.

• Moved by Tina_Tian Friday, April 22, 2011 6:01 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:45 AM

Answers

• this is suported, in your case, simply you can treat your view as a download only table.

thanks

Yunwen

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:15 AM

All replies

• this is suported, in your case, simply you can treat your view as a download only table.

thanks

Yunwen

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:15 AM
  • Thanks again Yunwen!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:58 AM
  • Hi Yunwen,

i too tried to sync my view to with sqlce(download), but it is requesting for a unique or a primary key in the local table.

so i added a new column and assigned primary key and identity value for that.

First time Sync was fine, but when i sync(download) again new records  are created for the same values ie view tables records are appended to the existing values.

This problem is only for my view not for tables.

Can u suggest me some method to avoid this problem?

Thanks in advance. 

Regards,

Deepa

Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:05 AM
  • are you saying the old records are downloaded to the client during sbsequent syncs ?

if so, can you check your tracking columns and values on the base table and your selectIncXXX queries ?

thnaks

Yunwen

Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:22 AM