2009 Anti Virus RRS feed

• General discussion

• Thank you all!!!!!  I thought I was the only miserable soul with this nasty attack of 2009 antivirus.  Should be life imprisionment if caught!!! 

Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:54 PM

All replies

•  Jake Dancing Dog wrote:

Should be life imprisionment if caught!!! 

The only problem with that is, it looks like it comes to you perhaps by way of the Ukraine...

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?name=antivirus-2009-pro.com
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:51 PM
  • Jake Dancing Dog,

Thank you for visiting the Windows Live OneCare program forum. Dave is absolutely correct. You are by no means the only person to get this on their machine. And definitely not alone. Short of doing a complete system restore, I'm not sure how to completely rid your system of Antivirus 2008 and 2009. It is a very nasty one.

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare may not have detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

Start here to contact support:

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2_5_client&queryType=keyword&query=rehto+rehtO&sid=012c8547-106a-41f8-9a49-231660b153fd_20373032&mkt=en-us 

1 .     Click Contact support in the middle of the webpage

2 .     Click Contact Support  in the bottom right corner of the webpage

3 .     Click Get support

4 .     Select the Billing Support or Technical Support Bubble

5.     Answer the questions appropriately, you will be guided to an agent if you have a paid subscription or email support if you have a trial version.

If your question has no relation to using Windows Live OneCare, then your question is off topic for this forum. This is not a general forum for malware or Windows Help.

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.

Rick, MS

Friday, September 26, 2008 3:09 PM
  • Rick said: "You are by no means the only person to get this on their machine. And definitely not alone. Short of doing a complete system restore, I'm not sure how to completely rid your system of Antivirus 2008 and 2009. It is a very nasty one."

I read recently that Microsoft has filed suit against these "scareware" programs and I am glad they have decided to go after these rogue programs that pretend to be legitimate security software.

I hope they are successful in finding the publishers.

While I am not in favor of total nanny control of the internet, we need a Sheriff to hold it down out here in the Wild, Wild West ...  ...

berry

Monday, October 6, 2008 7:35 AM