Outbound calling (OCS, Mediation server, Dialogic Gateway, Nortel M1 PBX) RRS feed

• Question

• Inbound calling is working well, but I am having trouble configuring the outbound calling.  I am sure it has something to do with the Mediation/Dialogic setup.  In the Front End properties, Routing tab, I am specifying a route for outbound connections; is the next hop the mediation server or the Dialogic?

Thanks

Carlos

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 12:45 AM

All replies

• Does anyone know how to debug this issue, I am still unable to resolve it.

There is no activity in the Gateway trace log, and when I run the logging tool on the Mediation server it comes up blank, I am only selecting the "MediationServer" component, are there others I should be watching?

Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:54 PM
  • Hi,

You do not need to configure anything in the "routes" tab in OCS to send calls to the Mediation server. You just need to configure the mediation server itself. If you open up the properties on the mediation server in the OCS admin console, you will see places to enter the gateway's IP address as well as the front-end server's IP. make sure you've filled out all that info correctly.

Of course you need to configure your location profile, normalization rule, phone usage records, policies and routes to make it all happen. But if you are just looking for the place that tells OCS how to route calls to and from the mediation server, it's in the mediation server's property pages.

Matt

Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:42 PM
  • Thanks Matt that helped point me in the right direction.  I am now getting an error in the Voice Route Helper "Outbound routing not possible because a policy was not provided."  I found another post with the EXACT same issue

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1538947&SiteID=57

His resolution was to remove and reinstall OCS...hope there is another solution.

Carlos

Friday, January 11, 2008 12:32 AM
  • Hi Carlos,

I don't think that you should have to re-install. Do you have OCS voice policies created & applied to your users? If so, are you choosing a policy in route helper when you are running your tests?

Regards,

Matt

Friday, January 11, 2008 4:14 PM
  • Hey Matt,

I went and deleted all the policies, location profile etc and started again, it is working now.  Not sure what the difference was I basically put everything back the same.  Thanks for the guidance.

Carlos 

Friday, January 11, 2008 10:25 PM
  • Cool - glad everything is working!

Regards,

Matt

Monday, January 14, 2008 7:32 PM