CRM 2011 - exporting default solution with all dependencies (plugins, web resources, custom reports) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to export default solution which is at the client site that has plugins, workflows, custom reports. I do not have permission to copy the ms_crm database for that organization due to data privacy. Can i setup my development environment by exporting the default solution will this include all the plugins and custom reports as well.

Please advise

Thanks

zacos

Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You could create a new solution and add all required entities, dependencies, plugins etc. (or just all) and export this new solution.

Best regards

Steve Sämmang, Vienna, Austria
    Blog: xrm.io Website: simplic.at

Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:55 AM
  • not really. plugins and custom workflow activities are stored on the database or on the file directory. if it is on file directory you will need to register it , if you can't restore the organisation by backing up the org_mscrm db, that you still need to register the plugins and workflows and than load the solution.

http://inogic.blogspot.co.nz/2011/10/working-with-crm-2011-solutions.html

"Also if you want to Transfer the plug-in steps from one machine to another
    machine through the Solution, you need to make sure that the plug-in assembly is
    set to be registered on the database. If it is set to Disk importing this
    solution on another system would result in error as this assembly would not be
    present on the target system"

I Hope I could help. If I have answered please mark as 'Answer'. If was just helpful, please vote. Thanks and happy coding!

• Edited by SH_2017 Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:51 AM more
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:48 AM