Enumerating changes in Upload only synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all once again,

I use sync framework to upload changes from one SQL db to another using SqlSyncProvider and SyncOrchestrator.

Sync Orchestrator is set up only to Upload changes to other db, but not to download it.

I do syncing 2 times, one is from DB1 to DB2, the other one is from DB2 to DB1 with Uploading changes only.

First I deprovision db and sync one table from DB1 to DB2 (empty before). It inserts 7 new records to DB2. After that sync DB2 to DB1 happens. It appears that those inserted records from step 1

are considered as modified and sync framework enumerates them as changed.

Maybe I should notify the db that sync was successful and not sync the records again?

My guess is that i should use DownloadAndUpload instead of Upload, but i need upload for other tables that are in the same scope.

Any help is appreciated.

• Edited by Marina C Saturday, December 3, 2011 5:00 PM
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 2:40 PM

All replies

• why don't you separate the table upload only tables in a different scope, and have other tables doing bidirectional sync in another scope?

in your scenario, the select_changes sp may enumerate the changes but that does not necessarily mean it's sending it to the other replica.

Monday, December 5, 2011 12:44 AM