none
Cross Platform for Mobile - iOS problem RRS feed

• Question

• So, I'm trying to set up an environment to build and run cross-platform app (intended for Android and iOS), which has both C# and C++ parts. C# is using Xamarin and is working fine; C++ part works fine on Android, but I cannot get it to work on iOS. 

I'm following this article: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt147405.aspx

But when I go to Tools->Settings->Cross-platform->iOS to pair VS with Mac the property page just says "an error occured when loading this property page". I tried reinstalling VS, running it as an Administrator, installing different versions of Node.js (since it was the source of problem with vcremote on Mac and I had to downgrade it, figured maybe it was the case with VS too), but all to no good. 

Visual Studio info:

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015
    Версия 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Версия 4.6.01055

Установленная версия: Community

Visual Basic 2015   00322-20000-00000-AA919
    Microsoft Visual Basic 2015

Visual C# 2015   00322-20000-00000-AA919
    Microsoft Visual C# 2015

Visual C++ 2015   00322-20000-00000-AA919
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2015

ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools 2012.2   4.1.41102.0
    For additional information, visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=309563

ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools 2013   5.2.40314.0
    For additional information, visit http://www.asp.net/

ASP.NET и веб-инструменты 2015.1 (Beta8)   14.1.11107.0
    ASP.NET и веб-инструменты 2015.1 (Beta8)

Clang with Microsoft CodeGen   14.0.25516
    Clang with Microsoft CodeGen

Command Bus, Event Stream and Async Manager   Merq
    Provides ICommandBus, IEventStream and IAsyncManager MEF services for loosely coupled Visual Studio extension components communication and integration.

GitHub.VisualStudio   1.0
    A Visual Studio Extension that brings the GitHub Flow into Visual Studio.

KofePackagePackage Extension   1.0
    KofePackagePackage Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

Microsoft MI-Based Debugger   1.0
    Provides support for connecting Visual Studio to MI compatible debuggers

SQL Server Data Tools   14.0.60519.0
    Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools

TypeScript   1.8.36.0
    Средства TypeScript для Visual Studio

Visual C++ для кроссплатформенной разработки мобильных приложений (Android)   14.0.25401.00
    Visual C++ для кроссплатформенной разработки мобильных приложений (Android)

Xamarin   4.2.0.719 (15694b9)
    Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.Android   7.0.1.6 (5a02b03)
    Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.iOS   10.2.0.4 (b638977)
    Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.

Визуализатор PreEmptive Analytics   1.2
    Расширение Microsoft Visual Studio для визуализации агрегированных сводок, полученных от продуктов PreEmptive Analytics.

Диспетчер пакетов NuGet   3.4.4
    Диспетчер пакетов NuGet в Visual Studio. Дополнительную информацию о NuGet см. на веб-сайте http://docs.nuget.org/.

Инструменты Visual Studio для Apache Cordova   Update 10
    Инструменты Visual Studio для Apache Cordova

Инструменты мобильных услуг Microsoft Azure   1.4
    Инструменты мобильных услуг Microsoft Azure

Общие инструменты Windows Azure   1.8
    Предоставляет общие службы для использования мобильными службами и инструментами Microsoft Azure.

Пакет средств Application Insights для Visual Studio   7.0.20622.1
    Средства Application Insights для Visual Studio

Система проектов JavaScript   2.0
    Система проектов JavaScript

Языковая служба JavaScript   2.0
    Языковая служба JavaScript

Stangely, Visual Studio C++ for cross-platform development (iOS) is missing, while the (Android) is present. I certainly did check the corresponding checkbox when installing VS, and installation completed with no errors.

Any ideas?

• Moved by Baron Bi Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:54 AM Not about c++ development
    • Moved by 宝宝徐 Thursday, November 10, 2016 7:00 AM
    Monday, November 7, 2016 9:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• I remember doing the same thing, but everything worked fine..Hope you'll solve your problem
    Monday, November 7, 2016 12:52 PM
  • Hi Pavel Menshikov,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about c++ development. For your case, I will move it to vs setup and installation forum for better support.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,
    Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:54 AM
  • Thanks! It's my first time using MSDN forums, and I got a bit confused by the number of different sections here, and picked the one that was closest to what I was looking - Cross-platform C++ development.

To those wondering - I still haven't figured out what the problem is, tried launching devenv with /log, but there was nothing of interest in the log also.

Trying to reinstall VS again, this time on the system drive...

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 9:29 AM
  • Hi Pave,

This forum is discussing about the VS setup and installation.

>> Visual Studio C++ for cross-platform development (iOS) is missing

From your description, If you suspect this template is missing, please go to Control Panel >Programs >Programs and Features
    , select Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and click on 'Modify'.

Check if you have installed the Visual C++ Mobile Development components:

If you make sure that your VS installation is ok, the problem could be pending on ISO device connection and configuration, in this situation, I suggest you go to Xamarin website for dedicated support:

https://www.xamarin.com/support

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 6:41 AM
  • "If you make sure that your VS installation is ok, the problem could be pending on ISO device connection and configuration"

I've made a Windows reinstall and a clean install of VS over the fresh system (because something broke during one of the "uninstall-reinstall" VS cycles so hard that VS wasn't working at all anymore), and the problem still exists. My installation is fine (I cannot post images since my account is still not verified, but it has all the needed checkboxes checked).

The only soft that is present on this system right now is Chrome, VS and Telegram. 

And still, I get this:

"an error occured while loading this property page".

It doesn't seem to do anything with Xamarin, since Xamarin works fine on its own and connects to my remote Mac successfully. It's some problem with the Visual C++ Cross-platform for mobile (iOS) plugin for VS that is not part of the Xamarin.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 11:41 AM
  • Solved this problem by clean-installing ENG version of Visual Studio.
    Friday, November 11, 2016 7:39 AM