Live Mesh Remote Desktop - Black screen RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have a problem with the Live Mesh Remote Desktop and a black screen. And before you post a reply or delete the post I've read the sticked post "Known Issues List" and the solution given there doesn't help me at all.

In Live Mesh (LM) I have 2 computers: PC and a Laptop added. The setup of the computers is:
    PC - Win XP Pro SP3, P4 2.53, 1.25GB RAM, GF 7600GS
    Laptop - Vista Ultimate SP1, Toshiba A200-130.
    Both of the computers have the LM client installed. On the PC I'm using ZoneAlarm Pro so I've added the Moe.exe and wlcrasvc.exe and gave them full access in/out.
    On the Laptop I'm using a standard windows firewall and the Live Mesh and Remote Desktop for Live Mesh are enabled.
    On both computers, the accounts I'm using are members of the administrators group.
    In the LM Client there are no exclamation marks on either side, PC or Laptop.

And now the issue. Then I do a Remote Desktop Connection from PC to Laptop everything works fine. I can se the screen and work with no problem. But when I try to do the same thing from Laptop to PC all I get is a black screen and nothing helps. I tried doing it from the LM Client or from the website, the result is the same.

Any one has any idea what to do?
    All the drivers up-to-date on both sides.
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:11 PM

Answers

• yes, both my Vista and XP are Polish. The accounts on both of them have the same name. On XP I was able to find the log, but on the Vista machine I wasn't able to find the log. The command prompt shows up, it processes and disappears, just the same as on the XP machine, but the log is no where to be found :(

Here is my bug report ID: 388433
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

A few people are still reporting this problem.  We would appreciate it if you could collect your logs and open a bug through Connect (the more information we have, the better able we are to fix the problem).  Instructions for collecting logs and submitting a bug are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.  Please make sure that you collect logs from both computers.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:36 PM
  • I've submited a bug and attached the logs from the XP machine but I can't find the cab file on my Vista Laptop :(
    On my X the file was not on my desktop but in some strange folder on drive C but in Vista I can' find the file anywhere
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 11:21 PM
  • Tomek Wisniewski said:

I've submited a bug and attached the logs from the XP machine but I can't find the cab file on my Vista Laptop :(
    On my X the file was not on my desktop but in some strange folder on drive C but in Vista I can' find the file anywhere

Hi,

When you went to Start Menu > All Programs > Live Mesh > Collect Live Mesh Logs, did you see a command prompt window open as the tool ran?  On your XP computer, where did the Collect Live Mesh Logs tool deposit the .cab file (i.e., what was the path of the "strange folder" where it ended up)?  Do you have a customized setup (e.g., the desktop directory redirected somewhere)?  Any additional information you could provide might help.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 4:39 PM
  • Tomek - Are you using a localized version of Windows XP?
    Stefan Krueger, Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer, www.InstallSite.org
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 4:51 PM
  • yes, both my Vista and XP are Polish. The accounts on both of them have the same name. On XP I was able to find the log, but on the Vista machine I wasn't able to find the log. The command prompt shows up, it processes and disappears, just the same as on the XP machine, but the log is no where to be found :(

Here is my bug report ID: 388433
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 4:58 PM