70-620 vs. 70-621 RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello all!

Can somebody please tell me what the significant differences between the 620 and the 621 are? I am looking to take 621 this coming week, but the only books I could find here in the middle of nowhere were on 620. I have my MCDST, so obviously it is in my best interest to take the 621 as I continue towards MCSA. I see some very slight difference in objectives (mostly more of them in the 621), but the MCDST to MCITP page cites that it "recognizes past experience" (or some such) by allowing MCDSTs to take the 621...

In what way does that recognition of past experience manifest itself? Does the 621 hammer us less on RIS and GPO admin that was covered by the MCDST battery?

Sorry to ramble and thanks for any help!

-John
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:02 AM

Answers

• As 70-621 is an upgrade exam is combines the objectives covered form exams 70-620 and 70-622. This could mean it has a less total number of question then the other two exams would but it does not mean it doesn't cover any of the exam objectives.

As a point of conjecture about RIS...No Windows Vista Book/Class/Exam would cover this product as the current deployment stratigies for Windows are OSD through SMS/SCCM or WDS installed on a Windows Server 2003/2008
    Stephen Charles Rea [MCT] askthemct.com
    • Marked as answer by .revEditor Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:07 PM
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 5:03 PM
    Answerer