Users cannot execute reports - rsExecutionNotFound RRS feed

• Question

• I am a developer new to dynamics crm, and have an odd situation that I cannot resolve.  I and one other user can execute any report we choose, but no other user can execute any reports.  They can open a report and supply filter criteria, but once they click the Run Report button they are presented with an error.  The event added to the event log is attached below, and specifies that the rsExecutionNotFound exception was thrown.  The report executes in seconds so I am not sure how the session expires so rapidly, but we did try increasing the SessionTimeout to 6000 without result.

CRM, Report Services, and SQL Server all exist on the same machine which is on our intranet only, and all authentication is handled by AD.  All users can execute any report if they access the Report Server web site (i.e. ourserver/reports), but not directly from crm.  A comparison of permissions was fruitless, with some of the effected users having more permissions that I have (Administrators and dbo).  Everyone is a member of ReportingGroup and SQLAccessGroup, and as we have not deployed the system to production yet we are all System Admins in crm too.

Any thoughts on where we can look next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event code: 3005
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
    Event time: 8/19/2008 4:16:35 PM
    Event time (UTC): 8/19/2008 8:16:35 PM
    Event ID: 46cb94411eb649838891971d6ca370b0
    Event sequence: 10483
    Event occurrence: 38
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-128635507982330553
        Trust level: Full
        Application Virtual Path: /
        Application Path: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\
        Machine name: OUR-SERVER 

Process information:
        Process ID: 27088
        Process name: w3wp.exe
        Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
        Exception type: ReportServerException
        Exception message: Execution 'xnsh4fzcsaiodle4zb30tyvx' cannot be found (rsExecutionNotFound)

Request information:
        Request URL: http://our-server/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd?ReportSession=xnsh4fzcsaiodle4zb30tyvx&ControlID=c2dcc387-5aea-47a4-b33b-cc8f958b2310&Culture=1033&UICulture=1033&ReportStack=1&OpType=ReportArea&Controller=ClientControllerreportViewer&PageNumber=1&ZoomMode=Percent&ZoomPct=100&ReloadDocMap=true&EnableFindNext=False&LinkTarget=_blank
        Request path: /Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd
        User host address: 192.168.0.64
        User: CIEE-POR\xxxxxx 
        Is authenticated: True
        Authentication Type: Negotiate
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
        Thread ID: 1
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
        Is impersonating: True
        Stack trace:    at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.GetExecutionInfo()
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.SetExecutionId(String executionId)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.LoadFromUrlQuery(NameValueCollection requestParameters)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportDataOperation..ctor()
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.GetHandler()
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Custom event details:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Friday, August 22, 2008 1:32 PM

All replies

• Is the report data connector installed on the SRS server?

Friday, August 29, 2008 11:34 PM
  • Do they have rights to reports in their user roles?  Did you upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0?

I'm asking because we saw an issue with a users of a custom role in 3.0 after we upgraded them to 4.0.  By giving them a standard 4.0 role, they were able to run reports.

One test--give one of these users that can't run reports system admin role.  See if they still have the issue.  If they can then run reports, you can be sure it is the security role.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 8:13 PM
  •  

No, it is not.  CRM, SRS, and SQL Server all exist on the same machine and are not internet facing.  I was under the impression that the connector should be used to help authentication across several servers.  Is that not the case?
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:04 PM
  • Hi Br_d

Did you see what is your user organization default?

Do your system have many organization?, see your organization default in sql server in MCRM_CONFIG database in systemuser table.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:34 PM
  • Please install the connector.
    Regards Faisal
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:40 PM
  • In addition to installing the Data Connector, you should try to execute a report from any of the failing users and capture the traffic using fiddler. Then compare the report execution session id for all the requests that go in that session. If you are able to see differences between the session id, that indicates a problem and we can dig further.

Note that installing CRM Data Connector on a 1 box deployment can be a security risk if both CRM Web App and SRS server are sharing the same execution accounts.

Thanks

Abhishek Agarwal MSFT
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, February 28, 2011 8:34 PM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 3:35 PM