Want to activate Windows XP Professional - I have a valid MS key for product RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a computer online - along with an installed copy of Windows XP professional - which I paid for... I do have the correct key. Here is my problem:
    The Hard drive crashed and since the manufacturer only sent me a product key - no disc included... I had to ask my son to format and re-install the windows XP operating system.

When we tried to register the product key I have - the system would not accept it.  What should I do?

When I first got the computer - it had me create an account and using the product key validation went smoothly - Now I have a computer that won't validate!
    Monday, August 10, 2009 3:08 AM

Answers

• No Reply from poster.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    Friday, August 21, 2009 5:02 PM

All replies

• Hello roscoe154,

Does the computer have a Microsoft Certificate of Authenticity affixed to it?  If so, what version and edition of Windows is described on the CoA?  Is there a manufacturer name on the CoA, or does it read "OEM Product" or "OEM software"?

DO NOT post the ful Product Key that mau be printed on the CoA.

Is Windows now running on the computer?
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Monday, August 10, 2009 1:56 PM
  • No Reply from poster.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    Friday, August 21, 2009 5:02 PM