none
deprecated RRS feed

All replies

• Have you tried renaming your profile with "slishnevsky" to "slishnevsky_other". Once this has taken effect, wait for 24 hours, then rename "slishnevsky_new" to "slishnevsky".

Also, another option is to rename "slishnevsky_new" to something like "slishnevsky_"

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:16 AM
  • Forgot to mention that I'm tracking these type of issues (merging profiles) so I can pass it along to our team. Try my previous reply. Currently we can't merge 2 or more profiles to a single profile.

Thanks.

- Don
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:21 AM
  • I see. So the profile "slishnevsky" is tied to a live id where you don't have access to. I've already pinged our support team on this. The only way I can see this being fixed is tie your "slishnevsky" profile to "slishnevsky_old" or "slishnevsky_new". Which one do you prefer?

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:11 PM
  • Thanks for the reply?

Have you gotten a response from our support team on this? Please create a service request to this link and attach the URL for this thread.

https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1432&ws=Forums-Tech

I've sent a message to our support team regarding this issue but I'm not sure if they've follow-up with you on this.

Thanks.

Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 2:27 PM
  • Have you tried renaming your profile with "slishnevsky" to "slishnevsky_other". Once this has taken effect, wait for 24 hours, then rename "slishnevsky_new" to "slishnevsky".

Also, another option is to rename "slishnevsky_new" to something like "slishnevsky_"

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead

That's the problem, usernames not in use for so long are still reserved.

Can't it be a bit more dynamic?

With Live ID, admins will always know who is who and makes the system less formal.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:04 AM
  • I've been discussing this issue with our team. We will end up having an internal feature where users submits a service request to associate their Live ID account to a different profile. The profile will still exist (will not be deleted) however be associated with a different live id account. Do note this will not be a merge feature. Just association (for now).

We're looking at September release date to have this internal feature. However, this is subject to change.
    Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:32 PM
  • Sounds really good.

It could also serve as an archive function as well.
    Friday, September 11, 2009 2:15 AM
  • Hi,

Did our support team contact you on this problem with your profile?

Can you resend your request again so that they contact you directly:
    https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1432&ws=Forums-Tech

Thanks.

Forums Test Lead
    Monday, September 28, 2009 9:33 PM
  • I pinged our support team on this.
    Forums Test Lead
    Monday, September 28, 2009 9:37 PM
  • Don, What about closing a subscription, is this possible?
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 6:12 AM
  • Do you mean, E-mail alerts? Can you elaborate.

Btw, the feature that I'm referring to: "internal feature where users submits a service request to associate their Live ID account to a different profile", is under review right now. I hope that we'll have this sometime soon.

Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 11:57 PM