Moving Microsoft CRM 3.0 database to another domain/server RRS feed

• Question

•  

i want to move a client CRM DataBase to my Database. So i took my client database backup and restored the client database by renaming it as my crm local database name. But the client is using Another Domain but in my local i have Another domain also i have trial version. Please tell me how to deploy my client crm database to my local.

Thanks

Anand.  

Monday, March 3, 2008 2:05 PM

Answers

• Dear anand,

I am afraid you cant deploy only the database, during installation.

Redeployment wizard is use for deploy tes to production environement. see CRM SDK, there is Redepoyment pdf help file.

one more solution is take back of sql server two data bases , Metabase and MS CRM database, then restore that on client machine.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Monday, March 3, 2008 4:49 PM

All replies

• You need to use the CRM Redeployment tool. It's on the Server CD, and includes instructions

Monday, March 3, 2008 2:54 PM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for ur answer. The thing is i already have a local crm setup but i want to update database alone from client server to my local server. i have trial version in my local with different domain. how to update database from client to local without installing crm again.

Thanks

Anand.

Monday, March 3, 2008 3:12 PM
  • Dear anand,

I am afraid you cant deploy only the database, during installation.

Redeployment wizard is use for deploy tes to production environement. see CRM SDK, there is Redepoyment pdf help file.

one more solution is take back of sql server two data bases , Metabase and MS CRM database, then restore that on client machine.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Monday, March 3, 2008 4:49 PM