product activation RRS feed

• Question

• I live in the Cayman Islands, how do i activate my live one care trail version to the paid subcription.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 9:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• I suspect that you will not be able to activate OneCare, despite the fact that the Cayman Islands are a territory of Great Britain, where OneCare can be purchased. You will probably want to contact support via email per the instructions in the FAQ to confirm this.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 3:47 PM
  • Can i purchase a cd for live one care?

Thursday, December 6, 2007 5:30 AM
  • If you purchase a CD from a retailer who will ship to your location, you will still not be able to activate if OneCare is not available in the Cayman Islands, John. Activating a subscription for the first time performs a check of your IP address to determine location and availability of OneCare. If you are located where OneCare is not available, you will not be able to activate the subscription. The source of the program does not matter - CD or trial from the web site, they both need to be activated online.

So, please get an email to support to confirm what I suspect to be the case. Use the link in my previous reply to open an email support case.

-steve

Thursday, December 6, 2007 3:03 PM