Unable to obtain client ID, urgent please help RRS feed

• Question

• My application uses CE and synchronization.  It synchs via a WCF middle tier.  The middle tier is on a development box hosted in IIS7 using Vista.  In this environment there are no problems at all running the synchronization.

Copying up to production is another story.  The same code, built on a dev machine which works, does not synchronize when copied up to a Server 08 box.  It throws the same dumbfounding error over and over.

'Unable to set session parameters in DbServerSyncProvider. Cannot obtain the value for command parameter '@sync_client_id_binary'.'

I am at a loss.  This parameter is handled by synch services.  I never once had to write code to set it.  The same database is hit from the dev machines and the prod machine.  Therefore I know all of the backing stored procedures are coded correctly.  Please, if anyone has any ideas let me know.  I am out of ideas.  The full stack trace follows.

Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.ISyncService.GetChanges(SyncGroupMetadata groupMetadata, SyncSession syncSession)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncServiceClient.GetChanges(SyncGroupMetadata groupMetadata, SyncSession syncSession) in C:\Projects\References\Microsoft.Synchronization.Data\Reference.vb:line 82

• Moved by Tina_Tian Friday, April 22, 2011 8:03 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:35 PM

Answers

•  

I was able to fix this by uninstalling the 3.5 framework and re-installing it on the server.  Best part of my day!
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:58 PM