Unable to use Hotmail w/Onecare 2.0 without changing privacy everytime RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I hope someone can tell me what setting I'm missing somewhere.  Everytime I try to login to Hotmail it gives me the cookies must be allowed message.  I have to go to Internet Options and change the privacy setting to be able to allow all cookies so that I can log in to Hotmail.  This is a daily and very annoying occurance.  I'm assuming it is one care that is changing the security setting back each time.  Any suggestions?
    Saturday, December 15, 2007 10:27 PM

All replies

• When you go to IE, what is the setting the cookie handling/Privacy reverts to? I do not have this issue on multiple PCs with OneCare. On the machine I am currently on, Privacy is set to Medium High, blocking 3rd party cookies.

-steve

Monday, December 17, 2007 6:56 PM
  • It reverts to medium also.  For some reason though I'm unable to sign into hotmail unless Privacy is set to the lowest "Accept all Cookies".  I change it to that and then it reverts back to Medium again.  When it reverts back Hotmail sign in says that I must allow cookies to sign in.  Thanks for your help.

Monday, December 17, 2007 7:48 PM
  • That is strange. I'll leave this unanswered and perhaps someone can chime in. In the past, with Hotmail login problems, deleting all cookies and temporary Internet files was a fix. You might try that without changing your cookie handling settings.

-steve

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:36 AM
  •  

I disabled onecare, then I can change the cookies settings, actually, I'm not sure if it is related to my onecare, I suggest you can try to disable onecare.
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:31 AM