none
Postings not showing up in MyThreads after MSDN subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Typically, I log in and click "My Threads" and it shows a list of all threads I've posted to. Today I linked my MSDN subscription to my account and none of my new postings since show up under "My Threads."

They do show up if I click my name and it loads my profile, but I'd like to see them back under My Threads.

Please advise,

Adam

Ctrl+Z
    Friday, January 14, 2011 5:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you desicribe what or how you 'linked' your msdn subscriiptoin to your account? Do you mean your live id?
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, January 14, 2011 6:32 PM
    Answerer
  • There is again a recurring problem. My points, posts and answers numbers are not getting updated, My Threads or My Forum Threads also not getting updated. The activity, on the other hand, seems to function.

This (or the opposite) problem occurs once per month, approximately. Usually it gets fixed within 3 days. I sure hope you'll fix it sooner, as it's quite inconvenient to not see new activity in My Threads or My Forums Threads. I have to click on My Forums instead and check each individual forum.

BTW, submitting a post takes quite long in Google Chrome. I have to wait ~30+ seconds for my post to get submitted. This problem started about a week ago.

UPDATE. This seems to be fixed right now. 

Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Friday, January 14, 2011 6:50 PM
  • Brent,

I use my LiveID to log in. Today I received my MSDN subscription. I clicked the link to activate the subscription. I logged in with my LiveID and it asked for my name, subscription email, and Subscriber ID. I entered it...clicked ok. Now my MSDN subscription is linked to my LiveID account. No?

Well ever since I've done this, when I post, it's not showing up in "My Threads"

Does that make sense?

Adam

Ctrl+Z
    Friday, January 14, 2011 6:54 PM
  • Strange,

They are there now...but they weren't there all day.

Adam

Ctrl+Z
    Friday, January 14, 2011 7:02 PM
  • Strange,

They are there now...but they weren't there all day.

Adam

Ctrl+Z

The issue is that the system change needed some time to catch up. So it's a side effect of the account changing.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:31 PM
    Owner