Performing factory reset on EX470 from a 64-bit machine RRS feed

• Question

• I had a recent hardware issue that required me to perform a factory reset. I had a DEVIL of a time getting through this process, though I tried it from mulitple PCs. Turned out it finally worked when I recovered from a 32-bit PC.

A-HA! I remember that the connector was only available in 32-bit when WHS first arrived on the scene (remember, this is an EX470). Of course I had the ancient original recovery discs, and it probably didn't support 64-bit.

QUESTION: surely there is an updated set of recovery discs that I can get for an EX470? Does anyone know how to do this?  It's getting harder and harder to find a 32-bit PC these days.

Sunday, December 13, 2009 10:43 PM

All replies

• This is something, which may only be answered by the HP support. I believe due to licensing restrictions they will not provide those disks for common download.
    As a workaround you always could use a 32 Bit based virtual machine.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, December 14, 2009 12:45 PM
  • You'll have to contact HP regarding this issue, I'm afraid. Microsoft doesn't create the server recovery CD; they just provide some sample source code in the OEM Preinstallation Kit that HP and others can use as a model for building their own recovery tools.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, December 14, 2009 2:32 PM