Executing a System View RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me how to execute a system view using a web resource?
    Monday, August 4, 2014 2:25 PM

Answers

• You'd need to use a DOM inspector (F12 in Internet Explorer will pull one up) to find the URL for that system view.  Once you have that, just use that URL in your HTML (or JavaScript) Web Resource.  To my knowledge, that's not supported, but it can work.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by gmcelwee Monday, August 4, 2014 6:56 PM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 5:19 PM

All replies

• You'd need to use a DOM inspector (F12 in Internet Explorer will pull one up) to find the URL for that system view.  Once you have that, just use that URL in your HTML (or JavaScript) Web Resource.  To my knowledge, that's not supported, but it can work.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by gmcelwee Monday, August 4, 2014 6:56 PM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 5:19 PM
  • Wayne,

Thank you for the response.  I attempted your suggestion and received an error (see below).  

Thank you again.

Monday, August 4, 2014 6:07 PM
  • Do you have more details?  An error log?  What the form looks like as a whole that you're trying to do this in?  The URL for the view itself?

Also, what goal are you trying to accomplish?  I might be steering you wrong if there's a better way to solve your problem.

Monday, August 4, 2014 6:21 PM
  • Wayne,

No logs.  - _root/homepage.aspx?etc=1024&sitemappath=CS%7cCollateral%7cnav_products

I am attempt to display the system view for products (All Products) from within a non associated entity.  I would like the end users to look-up product info while in the "Account" page similar to the associated views (not leaving the current account).

Home >> Service >> Account >> Selected Account >> Create a quote - review associated accounts/orders/cases or is a product list.

The user then can search on products and then review availability and then create an order (order entry is a web resource - passes the account number to the ordering system.)

Monday, August 4, 2014 6:33 PM
  • Wayne,

FYI, I found my problem the DOM inspector was not running prior to page display therefore it did not render the complete URL I needed.

problem solved.

Thank you

Monday, August 4, 2014 6:59 PM
  • Glad that worked!

Monday, August 4, 2014 7:57 PM