Off Topic:Information regarding lost data. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello

How can I regain and regenerate the data which I lost after installing Windows XP Professional software.

The concerned lost data information was in my C drive and I lost it after installation.

It's quite important and I need your help.

Kindly give me the complete solution.

Thank You
    Monday, July 21, 2008 10:26 PM

All replies

• I'm sorry to tell you this but your data may be lost. When you install an operating system it overwrites the data which was on the disc previously. You can try a data recovery service but it is very expensive and all of your data may not be recoverable. Here is a list of data recovery service providers - http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=data+recovery&src=IE-SearchBox

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:11 AM
  • Hello

I have been said by my computer technicians that data in the hard drive or hard disk drive can never get lost.

This important data information was in Microsoft Office Excel files and few are in Text Document files created by me.

Therefore,could there be any possibility to recover the lost data into my desktop or in any other means and methods.

Besides the expensive way could there be any inexpensive or free software recovery services recommended by you and Microsoft Operating Systems.

Any particular websites of the software or technical companies best known and recommended by you and Microsoft Operating Systems whether its expensive or inexpensive services.

Send me both the alternative services details.

Kindly resolve my issue.

Thank You.
    Friday, July 25, 2008 8:16 AM
  • Ask you computer technicians for advice on a data recovery service, but I can assure you that the cost may not be worth it to you.

Use a search engine of your choosing such as www.live.com and enter "data recovery services" to find a variety of companies you can contact.

-steve

Friday, July 25, 2008 1:43 PM
  • Hello

Do not worry about the cost, just give the specific details(their websites) about the company who can really have the data recovery services.

Doesn't matter its in an expensive way but I just need to get confirmed that do they really find the solutions.

Monday, July 28, 2008 1:57 AM