The Command Line RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi

I am trying to use the command line to run an .exe file , but I'm getting an error when entering the command.

Can anyone point me to the right forum?

regards

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:22 PM

Answers

• Looks like .Net 2.0-3.5 CAS related, try the CLR forum under the .Net development category.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:21 AM

All replies

• what is the command line? Which product does the exe file belongs to? What error message are you getting?

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:53 PM
  • Hi

The file comes from a small application which displays the various permissions an application named ListPermissions has .It is from the MCTS 70-536 exam self-paced training kit(chapter 11 lesson 1 ,exercise 1).The text requires the me to compile the application in visual studio and move the executable file to the root of the C: drive.

I open my command prompt , which shows

C:\Documentsand Settings\Owner.MYMACHINE>

I enter           C:\ListPermissions.exe

This lists the permissions the assembly has.

Next , I'm asked to enter the command  \\127.0.0.1\c$\ListPermissions.exe

The message'The Network Path was Not Found' appears.According to the text , I should see a list of the permissions the assembly has when run from a shared folder.

I've tried preceding the command with C: and C:\ , but I get the same message.Can you see what the syntax should be?I'm using Visual Studio 2008 and Windows Xp sp3.

regards

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:35 PM
  • Looks like .Net 2.0-3.5 CAS related, try the CLR forum under the .Net development category.

Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:21 AM
  • Thanks for the help
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:48 PM
  • continue_learning,

This could be a few things.  Type "ping 127.0.0.1" at the command prompt.  Is there any packet loss?  This would only happen if your localhost was set to something outside of 127.x.x.x.  Does it work if you try \\localhost\c$\ListPermissions.exe?

Cheers,

Paul

Friday, July 1, 2011 7:15 PM
  • That's from a Microsoft Exam book so the default configuration needs to be assumed unless stated specifically in the book.

Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 6:57 PM