Newbee question Regarding Windows 7 Task Scheduler RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to Windows 7 and I'm playing around with the task scheduler. To get my feet wet I started out with a time based event triggering a dialog box message to inform me of the time.  This worked and now what I was trying to do was make an event based trigger refering to my timebased event. Basically what I wanted to do was use the task scheduler history log of the time based event to trigger another dialog box notication.

basic questions? Within the Task Scheduler how do you refer to a task scheduler induced event? What deliniates a Task Scheduler induced event?

Is this something that can be done in the Task Scheduler or am I attempting to do something contrary to the design intent of Task Scheduler. 

What is the difference between the Task Scheduler and the Microsoft Management Console that is in the Help?

Thanks for any help and all reference suggestions are welcome.

Joe

Friday, November 5, 2010 5:07 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Perfmon and diagnostic tools. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks.

Bruce Adamczak

Bruce Adamczak
    Monday, November 8, 2010 6:11 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the Files, Folders, and Search located here:  http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/w7files/threads

Have a great day!

Thanks!

SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Monday, November 8, 2010 10:44 PM