PC's - same household RRS feed

• Question

•  

Do all 3 of the PC's have to be in the same household?
    Friday, April 18, 2008 4:50 PM

Answers

• No, the three computers can be located anywhere.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 1:37 AM
  • Thank you!!!

Saturday, April 19, 2008 1:42 AM
  • Since you have a license to install OneCare on that PC, you should feel free to do so.
    Alternatively, I've used Avast for virus protection with reasonable success and it is free for Home users - http://www.avast.com
    -steve
    Monday, April 21, 2008 5:48 PM

All replies

• No, the three computers can be located anywhere.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 1:37 AM
  • Thank you!!!

Saturday, April 19, 2008 1:42 AM
  • You are welcome.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 4:03 AM
  •  JimR1 wrote:
    No, the three computers can be located anywhere.

I'm moving this to the Multi-PC Management topic folder and expanding on Jim's answer.

Any PC running OneCare, activated with the same LiveID will be part of the Circle. The status of remote PCs (not on the same local LAN) will be delayed in reporting to the Hub PC. Centralized backup and printer sharing will not work from a remote PC as all PCs need to be on the same local LAN for these features to work.

-steve

Monday, April 21, 2008 2:44 PM
  • Thank you Stephen....I am basically wanting to use it on the pc not located within my household for virus protection.  I had sold this laptop to my brother in law and within a month I was trying to get viruses off the computer.  I don't want to have to do work on this laptop all the time!!  LOL 

Any other suggestions as to something free that I can use rather than using my Live OneCare?  I am formatting and reinstalling everything on it now due to the viruses being extremely hard to remove.

Monday, April 21, 2008 3:54 PM
  • Since you have a license to install OneCare on that PC, you should feel free to do so.
    Alternatively, I've used Avast for virus protection with reasonable success and it is free for Home users - http://www.avast.com
    -steve
    Monday, April 21, 2008 5:48 PM
  • Great!  I will give that a try.  Thanks!!

Monday, April 21, 2008 6:00 PM