HELPP!!! good computer gone bad (LOL) RRS feed

• Question

•  

On my Acer Aspire 1640Z laptop, it is coming up with this message when it loads the computer, just after the Windows Loading thing, and before the log into your account menu.

Isass.exe - Bad Image

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\LSASRV.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against you installation diskette.

I can't even get into my account, well it doesnt even load the screen. After you click OK, it just will stay on the page forever. I have tried everything I can think of, even my family members have tried to fix it. I do not wish to reboot my whole computer and loose everything & start from scratch because I have important things on there.

If anyone has a way to fix this can you please tell me A.S.A.P!!!

Thanks.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 1:48 PM

Answers

• Hello Roxychick2255,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Forum.  The purpose of this forum is the support of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program.  Your question is off topic as well as outside my area of knowledge. I suggest posting your question to the Discussions in Windows XP General Forum newsgroups here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.pub

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:23 PM