burning CD/DVD RRS feed

• Question

• I used to be able to burn all songs onto cd's, always been simple and never had any problems and now suddenlty it doesnt work any more.
    I cannot even insert a blank DVD R to back up my files, each time I try to back them up the following message appears

"Backup couldnt write to the current disk. The disc might be corrupted, please remove it and insert a blank recordable disc, and then click ok"

Ive been to shops and brought brand new discs and I still get the same error message each time, I know the dics are blank as they have just came from the shop, Ive got through around 20 discs now.

I havent got a clue what im doind here but the only thing I can assosicate the problem with is me downloading a program which was meant to convert an AVI file into a dvd format, ever since ive installed that programme I cannot burn discs, I have since un-installed the programme but am still getting the same problems.

Ive tried using windows help but really cannot see any anwser to the problem
    Can anyone help??
    Thanks
    Kate

Sunday, March 15, 2009 10:55 AM

Answers

• This is the Windows Home Server forum. You should try a forum for your operating system, like Microsoft's XP or Vista forums.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 2:35 PM