windows live onecare activation RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install on a second computer with the 1yr. store bought cd,  and the program says only have 15 days. How do I install for the full year?
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 5:17 AM

Answers

• If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use the same key twice. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

On the first PC, open OneCare and click Help and then About to see your Subscription ID. That is the LiveID to sign in with.

-steve

Thursday, February 7, 2008 12:47 PM

All replies

• If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use the same key twice. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

On the first PC, open OneCare and click Help and then About to see your Subscription ID. That is the LiveID to sign in with.

-steve

Thursday, February 7, 2008 12:47 PM
  • What if my first laptop was stolen and i got this installed at circuit city can i go and complain because they didn't tell me which id they used.

thanks

Thursday, February 7, 2008 4:53 PM
  • Circuit City's techs provide you with a printed set of information with the LiveID and password when they install and activate OneCare for you. If you have the retail product key, you can contact support to find out the LiveID and may be able to get the password reset - if Circuit City does not have this information for you on file and you can't locate the original paperwork (or if the tech who set your PC up didn't follow procedures). Sorry about the loss of the laptop, by the way.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, February 7, 2008 5:14 PM