I cannot install any windows updates as "windows modules installer stopped working and was closed. Error code 80240016. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a HP CQ60 laptop (32-bit) As part of my windows (Vista service pack 2) live one care subscription I had to install KB972260. It only installed 92% then came up with the above mentioned message. Since then I cannot install any windows updates. I have tried stopping the windows server and re-starting, un-installing windows live one care and re-installing it. I have also restored my laptop back to before the problem happened and NOTHING has worked. My HP laptop is only 6 months old and I am at my wits end. Please can you advise what I can do to fix this problem.    
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:16 AM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:16 AM Off topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare Install and Activate)
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:53 PM

All replies

• Since this appears to be a Windows Update issue I suggest the Microsoft Update Solution Center for help - http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab0
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:37 AM