I cannot validate my microsoft office with the product key provided....what can I do? RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased my acer net book in December 2010. I have now started using the computer so I am in the process of activating the microsoft office software. It has given me a prompt to enter thr 25 character product key, which I did. Unfortunately it is coming up with an error 'this is not a valid office product key'. I have double checked and double checked the information to ensure that i was entering the correct information. I must confirm that all the characters are correct. I was also advised that sometimes the number '8' and the letter 'B' looks alike. I made sure of that all of this info was correct and still it is saying invalid.

Can someone please help...............I NEED ACCESS TO MICROSOFT OFFICE ASAP this is rather frustrating to deal with.

My net book information is as follows:

ACER ASPIRE ONE D255

CPU: INTEL ATOM N450 (1.66GHZ, 512KB CACHE)

MEMORY: 1 GB memory

STORAGE: 160 GB HDD

Regards,

trini911

Saturday, May 7, 2011 10:38 AM

Answers

• "trini911" wrote in message news:6da2dbf3-65f7-4004-b3db-8bb9377ce674...

I purchased my acer net book in December 2010. I have now started using the computer so I am in the process of activating the microsoft office software. It has given me a prompt to enter thr 25 character product key, which I did. Unfortunately it is coming up with an error 'this is not a valid office product key'. I have double checked and double checked the information to ensure that i was entering the correct information. I must confirm that all the characters are correct. I was also advised that sometimes the number '8' and the letter 'B' looks alike. I made sure of that all of this info was correct and still it is saying invalid.

Can someone please help...............I NEED ACCESS TO MICROSOFT OFFICE ASAP this is rather frustrating to deal with.

trini911

The Key on your computer case is for WINDOWS not Office - they are two entirely different entities.
    If you want to Activate the Office Trial in your computer, you need to purchase the program first - have you done so??

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 12:32 PM