Fake xp problem RRS feed

• Question

• I had sent my computer to a shop to get and upgrade to a windows xp pro, but when i got it back it says that it has a fake copy of xp, i had tried to take it back but they said they are not sure what is the problem. Is there a way i could Do a backup ??, becasue it does not let me access any of my Drives. it does not let me do a recovery. what can i do?????? please help. should i just buy a new copyy of xp????? please help.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:26 PM

Answers

• Hello Saul Pinto,

Thank you for posting in our WGA Forums :-). Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with the results here in the thread. Follow the steps located in this sticky post http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindowsxp/thread/c2be4a37-9ac3-4674-9b30-08fdc9b99dd8 .  This will allow us to see what you are currently experiencing with your Windows installation. Based on what you have said it appears Windows is non-genuine.

Where did you take the computer when you had Windows upgraded? Whomever upgraded your computer's Windows should know what is happening based on what you went back and told them your computer is doing. Also what errors are you receiving when you try to backup your files?

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, March 30, 2009 8:20 PM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:27 PM