none
how to download MCTS certificate?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all i have cleared MCTS(70-536) exam but how can i receive the certificate through mail or they courier me??They sent a mail in that i have MC ID do i have to login with that id??it is asking access code for that? how to create it?
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 4:02 AM

Answers

• 70-536 by itself does not give you a MCTS certification. It is a required exam for all the MCTS certifications on .Net 2.0 or 3.5, but you need to complete one of the additional exams before you get the MCTS certificate.

For example, if you want a MCTS on Web Applications, you ave to complete 70-536 and 70-562. But 70-536 alone does not give you a MCTS.

• Marked as answer by chandu123 Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:51 AM
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:22 AM

All replies

• 70-536 by itself does not give you a MCTS certification. It is a required exam for all the MCTS certifications on .Net 2.0 or 3.5, but you need to complete one of the additional exams before you get the MCTS certificate.

For example, if you want a MCTS on Web Applications, you ave to complete 70-536 and 70-562. But 70-536 alone does not give you a MCTS.

• Marked as answer by chandu123 Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:51 AM
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

like Alberto said, you have to pass another exam. If you have passed the MCTS requirements you can download a transcript of your exams from the MCP site - mcp.microsoft.com 

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 12:24 PM
    Answerer
  • On the specific exam sites you will find some links for preparation under the "Preparation Materials" section. In my opinion the best preparation is practice, practice, practice and hands on ;-) If you have a deep practical knowledge of the specific technology you can normally answer the most of the questions in the exam.
    women's health
    • Edited by bdbegedd Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:56 PM
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:55 PM
  • Thanks for your reply,so now i wont get any certificate right?but how can i tell or show others that i passed the exam??even i am unable to download the transcript also when i click on the link it is redirecting to the same page,what can i do for this??
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 4:33 PM
  • It can take a couple of days for your transcript to become available
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:34 PM
  • how can i tell or show others that i passed the exam??even i am unable to download the transcript also when i click on the link it is redirecting to the same page,what can i do for this??

After you passed your first exam, you should have received an email with instructions (and a code) for associating your live id to your MCP number. After you do this, you should be able to download your transcript, which will show the exam that you passed.

If you did not receive the email, you can phone your Regional Service Center and have them fix the problem. Before you do that, login to the Prometric web site and verify that your exam is marked as "passed". Sometimes, it is Prometric the one who is at fault, and they haven't sent the results of the exam to Microsoft. In this case you fix it by calling Prometric and explaining the problem. They may ask you to fax a copy of the printed score report that you got when you passed the exam. By the way, if you are in a hurry to prove to someone that you passed the exam, you can show to them that score report.

• Proposed as answer by Aparajita Sri Monday, November 21, 2011 7:36 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:40 AM
  • Hi all...I have cleared 70-562 exam and received the mail from microsoft with mcid. Once I login with the credentials and trying to download the transcript it is navigating to the error page. Do I need to clear the other exam (70-536) as well to get the transcript?
    • Edited by Ramesh Yadav Saturday, December 24, 2011 3:55 PM
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 3:55 PM